Bakers And Stand Mixers
If you are an avid baker, there comes a point in your life where a stand mixer is a must. Not only are these powerful tools great for baking, but they can also be used for making pasta and sausages.
When investing in a stand mixer, you must look at a couple of factors: space it takes up and the food you will make. A stand mixer is an essential product for the person who loves to bake.
No longer will you fight your way through thick batters, or tire your arm whipping the perfect meringue. So today we ask: what is the best stand mixer to buy for your kitchen use?
KitchenAid Artisan Series – Best Large Capacity Stand Mixer
KitchenAid is a household name because it is recognized for creating quality kitchen products. This 10-speed mixer not only has a pouring shield, but also comes with several other attachments including a flat beater, a dough hook, and a wire whip.
There is a 5-quart stainless steel bowl. This KitchenAid mixer can support a vast majority of the attachments beyond the three the mixer comes with.
- KitchenAid offers a wide range of colors
- The size of the bowl allows the baker to make 9 dozen cookies at a time
- This mixer is powerful enough to handle more than 15 optional attachments.
- Powerful enough to handle everything from meringue and whipped cream to bread dough.
- Heavy enough to stay put when mixing.
- A tilt-head can make storage difficult as low cabinets will hinder the ability to lift the head. The mixer will have to be pulled forward or moved for every use.
- When first purchasing the product you must clean out the bowl. The leftover residue is from KitchenAid’s polishing process. This residue is difficult to clean, often taking several washes.
- No spring-loaded beater shaft. This means that the beater is less secure.
- The motor can be considerably loud.
- 250 watts, meaning it may not be the most powerful mixer on the market.
Hamilton Beach Classic – Best Stand Mixer For Pizza Dough
Hamilton Beach is gaining ground in the kitchen world. Over the years, they have continuously produced a wider range of products. This mixer is both a hand mixer and a stand mixer, offering the user a versatile experience.
Hamilton Beach’s mixer has 6 adjustable speeds. These speeds can handle stirring slowly to whipping cream at a fast pace.
The bowl is 4 quarts, capable of accommodating the great stand mixer recipes while still being able to fit in the dishwasher. It is a good mixer for those looking for value for their dollar.
- More powerful than the KitchenAid at 290 watts.
- The bowl is dishwasher-safe.
- Easy to store
- Lightweight, at only 7.45 pounds.
- Works well as a hand mixer.
- Bowl is a good size for bakers who want to make both large and small batches.
- The bowl is too small for the beaters.
- When mixing dough, the stand mixer cannot be used.
- The mixer tends to suck in flour through the intake slits
- Does better on thinner mixtures.
- Not good for kneading bread.
- The lightweight mixer may move due to the lack of weight.
Dash Stand Mixer – Best Stand Mixer To Make Bread 2021
The final product in the line up is the Dash Stand Mixer. This mixer comes in several different colors and features 6 different speeds.
It is a small mixer designed to fit under kitchen cabinets. This makes the product good for a small kitchen. It is said to be a versatile mixer, capable of handling both savory and sweet.
If you only have a small kitchen with limited space, this is the mixer for you.
- This product is available in multiple colors.
- The mixer was designed with a lack of storage in mind.
- The Dash Stand Mixer is small and easily able to fit under cabinetry.
- The bowl is made of stainless steel.
- At 2.65 pounds, the mixer is lightweight and easy to move should you need to.
- A good mixer for beginners.
- The tilt-head allows easy removal of the bowls.
- The bowl of the mixer is smaller than the others. It is only a 2.5-quart bowl so making larger batches around holidays and parties will require several rounds of baking.
- The base is made of plastic, making the machine not as sturdy as the others.
- The tilt-head may mean moving the machine to use depending on the space between the counter and cabinet.
- Beaters can be hard to eject.
- It does not hold up against kneading dough.
- It can be quite loud.
- Uses 250 watts.
What is the Best Home Mixer to Buy for Home Use?
When you purchase your mixer, it is important to weigh the pros against the cons. You must consider the amount you will use the machine and the purpose you will use it for. If most of your baking consists of bread, pick a more powerful machine, like the KitchenAid.
If you rarely use the machine or prefer small batches, the Dash Stand Mixer is the way to go. For the best of both worlds experience, consider the Hamilton Beach machine.
Out of all three mixers, the KitchenAid provides you with the most versatility when cooking and baking in the future. It offers the expansion of over twenty attachments.
This mixer allows the user to do more than just bake and offers a great experience for all. It is convenient for everyday use while standing up well to the additional effort of holiday baking.
The best stand mixer is up to the consumer. In the lists above you have been provided with points to consider on a few products.
No matter what you choose, baking will become a revolutionized experience. No longer will your arms tire while beating the batter. After purchasing a stand mixer, you will never go back.